Europe 2015

Europe minus Britain.

Europe 2015

Postby Ali in Austria » 11 Jan 2015, 11:06

Not been on for a while, things have been a bit hectic here but now it is that time of year when apart from snow clearing I have a bit of time on my hands.

If anyone is planning on venturing in to Europe this year, particularly the Alpine Regions, and wants some help, information or advice then please feel free to ask. If I can help I will. We do not have to be on your itinerary :D
Ali in Austria
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Full name: Alistair Mears
Make: Suzuki
Model: DL1000
Year: 2006
Colour: Black

Re: Europe 2015

Postby Tom Wright » 17 Jan 2015, 16:12

There is a guy who recently joined our local BMW rider's club. I expect to meet him at a breakfast ride on January 31st. I understand he is planning a 3 week Alps region ride riding two up with his wife. From what I understand he is a very experienced rider who has traveled quite a bit. But this may be his first Europe trip. Everyone here was very helpful on our trip. Especially pointing ot things such as we can't see Vienna, Venice, and Salzburg in two days.

Mary and I were so impressed with Austria and northern Italy while on our Edelweiss tour last September that we are looking at returning in 2016. But at this point we are planning to do it without a formal tour company. I'm continuing to practice speaking German using the language CDs in the car. As long as people only use the Deutsch phrases on the Pimsleur CD Ich bin gut. I don't have anyone else to practice on. We found that even the staff at the nearest German restaurant were Polish and Greek.

Grüß Gott (yes, I recall that you are a Brit, correct?)
2012 BMW R1200GS Adventure, 2014 Honda Grom MSX 125, 1986 Yamaha Riva 125
Tom Wright
Bacon Butty
Bacon Butty

Re: Europe 2015

Postby Ali in Austria » 17 Jan 2015, 16:40

That I am :-)
Ali in Austria
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Full name: Alistair Mears
Make: Suzuki