Richa Rain Warrior

Review your kit.

Richa Rain Warrior

Postby Keith Legge » 13 Aug 2014, 14:23

My jacket just isn't waterproof anymore tried all sorts sprays detergents its over 20 years old so not done too bad. ;)

Can't afford the prices of some of the new all singing all dancing jackets so looked at waterproof overcoats i now have a Richa, anyone have/used one of these?

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG (134.27 KiB) Viewed 9969 times

$_57 (1).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG (114.21 KiB) Viewed 9969 times

Cost £29.99 and came with a mesh bag took picture next to camera case to show size, my jacket is a large but i could probably do with extra large :oops: so ordered 2xl tried on with jacket and its nice and roomy. The bottom flares out quite a lot but has a draw string for some reason its not shown in the picture.

Looking at the weather i am going to get some use out of it and i will report back. :D
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Make: Honda
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Re: Richa Rain Warrior

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 13 Aug 2014, 16:26

2 out of 3 of my 'leathers' are not waterproof either.
So I got me a waterproof overall. Works great, the problem is obviously it doesn't breathe at all.
That, and I'm getting a bit too old to do the gymnastic exercises required to put it on (*hop hop hop* on one leg).
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby mbrST1100 » 13 Aug 2014, 16:30

Pieter Huizinga wrote:So I got me a waterproof overall. Works great, the problem is obviously it doesn't breathe at all.

That's always the issue with those "body-condoms"...
At the end as comfy as a Tyvek hazmat-suit...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Keith Legge » 13 Aug 2014, 17:39

Pieter Huizinga wrote:2 out of 3 of my 'leathers' are not waterproof either.
So I got me a waterproof overall. Works great, the problem is obviously it doesn't breathe at all.
That, and I'm getting a bit too old to do the gymnastic exercises required to put it on (*hop hop hop* on one leg).

I had a full suit years ago bloody awful thing i think this coat is going to be a bit sweaty but rather that than pissed wet through. :lol:
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 13 Aug 2014, 18:22

Well, in honesty, the big advantage is you can roll it up and put it in a pannier until you need it.
I learned to appreciate this when in Scotland where weather can turn from sunny to absolutely pouring down within minutes (as in, around the next bend).
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby PigpenST » 15 Aug 2014, 10:33

Thanks Keith. My one piece is a little (ahem) snug these days :oops: , so I was wondering what to do for the winter. I like the idea of a two piece as the 'one piece dance' is not a good look!! :D
Life is not a rehearsal! Live, laugh and love.
PigpenST
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: Geoff Milne
Model: ST1300
Year: 2006
Colour: Silver

Postby Keith Legge » 17 Aug 2014, 16:43

Didn't take long got to use the jacket this morning :lol: pretty heavy rain at times but i arrived home dry.

Usual problem with these things a bit warm and sweaty but loosening off the draw string at the bottom and the velcro at the neck helped a bit.

Elastic around the waist and wrist feels really tight not sure if this would become annoying on a long run but i like the slightly longer arms so you can tuck your gloves in.

See how long it lasts but for now and the price a big thumbs up. :D

If you fancy one order one size up for a bit of room.
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Review