b***** & d***

Honda Pan-European 1st generation (German design)

Re: b***** & d***

Postby David Monteath » 20 Dec 2014, 22:07

Thank you....it was a bit of a thought-provoking moment. Probably just as well I still had an hour to ride home.
David Monteath
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100T
Year: 1996
Colour: Black

Postby David W » 21 Dec 2014, 00:46

Pan Rider Jack wrote:DSS does have some in stock; search for part number 88111-MT3-
some colours more expensive than others; :o this is only for the cowl; the turn signal is a separate item.
The black "mirror cover" or cowl is probably the least expensive colour, and also the most commonly available. Check first on a new one because a "used" one might simply be glued together in order to look nice. (You probably will get a spare white plastic tethering strap with a new one.)

The orange lens piece might be available used. But it is less than half the cost new, compared to the cowl piece. (And shipping cost might allow its inclusion if buying a new cowl piece with it.)

Any year and any model of 1100 Pan should fit, for both of those parts. (But don't buy a shinny, new red cover and paint it black.)
'Tis not its looks, but how it cooks.
And I've found that most liter size Pans, when warmed up, cook well.
David W
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: David W.
Model: ST1100M/P ST1100AR/S
Year: 1991/1993, 1994/1995
Colour: 2 reds; 2 are black.

Postby alans1100 » 21 Dec 2014, 01:04

Just to give you an idea of current new price from DSS

Black part number 88111-MT3-003ZQ ...(£63.89 inc vat EU)
The lens 33410-MT3-611 for ...............(£22.20 inc vat EU)
OzStoc Member ( http://www.ozstoc.com ) FarRider No. 921

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Alan
Model: ST1100AX
Year: 1999
Colour: Midi Metallic Blue

Postby Pan Rider Jack » 21 Dec 2014, 12:09

David W wrote:The black "mirror cover" or cowl is probably the least expensive colour, and also the most commonly available.

Currently getting from DSS not only is it the most expensive but also not available ...

[quote=alans1100]Black part number 88111-MT3-003ZQ ...(£63.89 inc vat EU)[/quote]
Had he had one in stock it would have only been £54, there is also something else to be aware of when buying from DSS, if the part shows this "This part will be special ordered in for you." in the description then chances are you will get it cheaper direct from a Honda dealer
Ride safe Ride free
Jack
Pan Rider Jack
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: Jack Milton
Model: ST1100 x 2
Year: 92 & 96
Colour: Green & White

Postby alans1100 » 21 Dec 2014, 13:07

Pan Rider Jack wrote:Currently getting from DSS not only is it the most expensive but also not available ...

[quote=alans1100]Black part number 88111-MT3-003ZQ ...(£63.89 inc vat EU)

Had he had one in stock it would have only been £54, there is also something else to be aware of when buying from DSS, if the part shows this "This part will be special ordered in for you." in the description then chances are you will get it cheaper direct from a Honda dealer[/quote]

For us DSS is about 50 to 75 % (inc. delivery) of the cost compared to local dealer prices but for a single item it's not much difference. Now, I only use DSS if the parts can't be bought from the US.

I'm still waiting on a key blank or two which was ordered from my nearest dealer nearly three weeks ago, no doubt it was one of those items that had to be ordered in from Japan.

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby WJBertrand » 21 Dec 2014, 18:19

I've bought key blanks from eBay for pretty cheap. Fast delivery too.

-Jeff
-Jeff-
STOC 025
Ventura, CA
WJBertrand
Bacon Butty Master
Bacon Butty Master

Postby David W » 22 Dec 2014, 03:03

David Monteath wrote:... I lost concentration and was bitten. :-)
You were looking at a pretty lady?

The cowl piece is found under windscreen in the parts list.
Here is a sample page for a Dutch, Honda dealer:
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-st1100-pan-e ... ml#results
See the second item 12 there. It is colour code NH359M. Is that black?
Also, how many pounds is 83.50 ?
David W
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby David W » 22 Dec 2014, 03:16

alans1100 wrote:... I'm still waiting on a key blank or two which was ordered from my nearest dealer nearly three weeks ago, no doubt it was one of those items that had to be ordered in from Japan.
There are two shapes of ST1100 key blanks. They are apparently used on many other Honda bikes, too. Unless you insist on an expensive one that says "ST1100" on it, you can get them both cheap from your local locksmith. I used to know the Silca brand blank numbers, but did not get around to posting them because people were telling me that they had no trouble getting all the key blanks they needed locally. If needed, get your "key code" for your locksmith; it is on every ST lock, on the outer casing. (You only need one of the two shapes, of course. Keep your key code confidential. Just note its first letter: A, B; C or D. None of that is needed if you take an existing key to the locksmith.)
David W
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby David Monteath » 22 Dec 2014, 03:18

I wish I had been. I was riding downhill from Hampstead to Golders Green going to the M1, no traffic around. The road was lightly wet with quite a few painted lines and a couple of drain covers, also a mid road traffic island. The low fuel light had come on on my way to London and it had been off most of the journey in the evening as I was riding uphill most of the time. When I noticed the light I hit the find fuel on my Zumo and it had enough time to calculate a route to the nearest Tesco (900 yds). I remember glancing down and next thing I new I was sliding face down along the road. Honestly I don't know what happened, I might have hit a drain cover, or painted road....I recon I drifted into the central reservation and the back wheel hit it and skipped out. It's a bit of a dull tale, sorry!
David Monteath
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Model: ST1100T
Year: 1996
Colour: Black

Postby alans1100 » 22 Dec 2014, 05:20

David W wrote:
alans1100 wrote:... I'm still waiting on a key blank or two which was ordered from my nearest dealer nearly three weeks ago, no doubt it was one of those items that had to be ordered in from Japan.
There are two shapes of ST1100 key blanks. They are apparently used on many other Honda bikes, too. Unless you insist on an expensive one that says "ST1100" on it, you can get them both cheap from your local locksmith. I used to know the Silca brand blank numbers, but did not get around to posting them because people were telling me that they had no trouble getting all the key blanks they needed locally. If needed, get your "key code" for your locksmith; it is on every ST lock, on the outer casing. (You only need one of the two shapes, of course. Keep your key code confidential. Just note its first letter: A, B; C or D. None of that is needed if you take an existing key to the locksmith.)

I rang the dealer earlier this afternoon and it seems like the girl who handles the orders was on holidays and it's been there for a week or so. Paid for and in the post with the Xmas public holidays I don't expect delivery until next week.

Over 8 years I have used the same key and it wore to point of still working but also being able to remove from ignition and still have motor running which came in handy sometimes nor could I lock the steering. When I replaced the LH side case I swapped the locks over but my usual key wouldn't work in those two locks anymore so I had to now use my spare key. So I ordered another one to be kept as a spare.

I'm not sure if the key I'm getting has the original "ST1100" on it or not but the key had a number on it so I gave that to the dealer hoping I get the right key blank.

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

PreviousNext

Return to ST1100