Motorcycle communication systems

Manuals, documentation, how to's, useful links etc.
Also here: our library, and the old my-mc.com archives.

Re: Motorcycle communication systems

Postby alans1100 » 06 Nov 2014, 10:50

alans1100 wrote:Heather bought this today with delivery expected mid November........looks likes similar to the BT interphone in a different box.

This arrived today. http://www.climder.com/C3/2.html

It still looks like a variant of the BT Interphone and comes with a 12 month warranty and cost delivered was $AUD93.50.

It's a twin set and good enough for a range of 1000 metres for up to three riders all up but all we need is to talk to each other and maybe listen to our own music.

We won't use it on the bike until we both get new helmets early in the new year but I can test it before hand though.

One unit for each rider

There's two sets of speakers, mike and charge cable

Even a user manual

OzStoc Member ( http://www.ozstoc.com ) FarRider No. 921

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Alan
Make: Honda
Model: ST1100AX
Year: 1999
Colour: Midi Metallic Blue

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 06 Nov 2014, 13:07

If I may give some advice, make sure you buy helmets with dedicated space for the speakers. One of my helmet hasn't, and the pressure of the speakers rapidly becomes rather annoying. The BMW helmet has (you just remove the wad of cotton in the cavities), and it is much more comfortable - plus the sound is better quality.

I have to say, while speech quality is excellent, music sound quality is lousy with both sets. Not a big suprise with such little speakers perhaps, but for an audiophile like myself it was somewhat disappointing. Just saying, don't expect too much from the music.
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby alans1100 » 06 Nov 2014, 15:10

Pieter Huizinga wrote:
I have to say, while speech quality is excellent, music sound quality is lousy with both sets. Not a big suprise with such little speakers perhaps, but for an audiophile like myself it was somewhat disappointing. Just saying, don't expect too much from the music.

The sound couldn't be any worse than those tiny headphone things you get with most mobile phones.

My current helmet has a slip in pocket for speakers so I might just see how they fit in.......

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby alans1100 » 07 Nov 2014, 02:29

alans1100 wrote:
The sound couldn't be any worse than those tiny headphone things you get with most mobile phones.

My current helmet has a slip in pocket for speakers so I might just see how they fit in.......

I tried playing the music only function with the Bluetooth via my 8 inch Samsung Tab and I have no complaints. Stereo separation is quite good (Credence tracks)
Heather gets her 64GB Ipod thing near Christmas so we'll each have our own music.

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby alans1100 » 10 Nov 2014, 15:59

As temporary thing at the moment I installed the intercom into my helmet and the only issue I had was finding a spot to locate the mike. In the end I unclipped some of the padding on the side enough to slip the mike in and re-clipped it. Good enough until my new helmet in a few weeks time.

Installed the other unit in Heather's new helmet today as well but the speakers and mike need to be secured once they are in the right place for her. She tried the helmet on and it feels ok so far.

Both units are paired with each other and as best as I can tell work ok. At least when I tap on Heather's mike I can here sound in my speakers so at least I did something right.

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby alans1100 » 21 Nov 2014, 13:26

We had a ride over to Jamestown a couple days ago and below 80 k/h the sound was fine though I did have trouble hearing Heather at times. Turns out her mike was moving so it wasn't picking up her voice as well as it could. No trouble with Heather hearing me at speeds up to 100 k/h.

Tomorrow (22/11/2014) we have a 270 km ride to a friends place in Adelaide and so far after adjusting a few things in Heather's helmet all seems good. I've paired her phone with her intercom so that will give her music if needed. Once we get back and all is well I'll mount Heather's speakers and mike permanent.

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby mbrST1100 » 21 Nov 2014, 15:38

You could use commercial type adhesive Velcro for getting the speakers in place, enables some fine tuning with their position.
But the glue will start to soften and fail after 2~3 years...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby alans1100 » 21 Nov 2014, 22:50

mbrST1100 wrote:You could use commercial type adhesive Velcro for getting the speakers in place, enables some fine tuning with their position.

Velcro was my thought as well and allows for moving to another helmet. Both speaker sets/mike came with 3M adhesive mounting stuff which probably wouldn't last long anyway.

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Previous

Return to Biking in general