Ferret's Custom Elecktrickery

Manuals, documentation, how to's, useful links etc.
Also here: our library, and the old my-mc.com archives.

Ferret's Custom Elecktrickery

Postby steve974 » 28 Jan 2017, 11:03

I've been concerned for some time about the many accessories that I've had fitted to the bike, particularly in regard to the random location of the fuses, that if I ever had one go I would have absolutely no idea where the hell it would be. I eventually stirred myself to find a decent auto electrician who works on bikes... The phrase 'Rocking Horse Shoes' comes to mind. After a lot of fruitless calls I found this bloke -

http://www.motorcyclewiring.co.uk/frameset.html

...and so I met 'Ferret', a lovely bloke and quirky as hell, but damn good at what he does.

The result is now a dedicated and professionally made sub-loom specifically for the (numerous) accessories with a separate fuse block located in the tail section along with a bank of three relays, so everything is now in one place and can be accessed easily. The new fully wrapped loom lays alongside the Honda one and appears completely OEM, with the correct colour wiring and Honda connectors.

He's also modified the hazard warning light set-up so I can now turn on the hazards without the ignition being on via a hidden switch. So if (please God, never) the bike breaks down somewhere and I need to leave it, I can now do so without having to leave the key in the ignition... who at Honda thought that was a good idea? (BTW, my use of LED bulbs for pretty much all of the bike means the hazards can be left on for about 13hrs according to an American wizz who can work out such things.)

In a final check-over he pointed out a few things that needed replacement to avoid a problem in the future, in addition to cleaning up a couple of slightly corroded plug-in connectors.

Everything's now done and panels on tomorrow. His work is painstaking, meticulous and recommended.... but.... like anybody good in their field he's a very busy and booked up man. I contacted him last August and got him four months later!
Adventure before dementia!
steve974
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: Steve Downes
Make: Honda
Model: ST1300
Year: 2009
Colour: Achilles black

Re: Ferret's Custom Elecktrickery

Postby cammy_moir » 28 Jan 2017, 13:31

That sounds like some really good work by this guy. Did you take any photos?
cammy_moir
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Re: Ferret's Custom Elecktrickery

Postby Derek-Dex-French » 06 Feb 2017, 12:41

Website says he is in Halifax. Did you ship your bike to him Steve?
I love being right. If only it happened more often...
Derek-Dex-French
Bacon Butty Master
Bacon Butty Master

Make: Honda
Model: ST1300
Year: 2012
Colour: Black

Return to Biking in general