My discipline regime

Silly jokes, stories, photos & stuff
(Please keep this one SFW)

My discipline regime

Postby Q738Driver » 04 Feb 2016, 22:37

Most people nowadays think it improper to discipline children, so I have tried other methods to control my children over the years, when they had one of 'those' moments.
Since I'm a pilot, one technique which I found very effective was for me to take the child for a flight, during which I would say nothing, give the child their space & the opportunity to reflect on his or her behaviour.
I don't know whether it was the steady vibration from the engines, or just the time away from distractions such as TV, video games, computer, IPod, etc, but both kids were calmed down & stopped misbehaving after our flight together.
I believe that the eye to eye contact we had during these sessions was an important element in achieving the desired results.
I've included a photo of one of my sessions with my son (when he was much younger of course) in case you would like to use the technique.
It also works well in cars & with other people's children !

windscreen kid.jpg
windscreen kid.jpg (83.22 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
Q738Driver
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Full name: Sam Quigley
Make: Honda
Model: ST1300AE
Year: 2015
Colour: Graphite Black NHA64

Re: My discipline regime

Postby mbrST1100 » 05 Feb 2016, 10:13

Oh yeah... "inattentive parents" are a mayor plague these days... :roll:

Like the "hang them out to dry" measure though... :lol:
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Return to Humour