Hi guys from Colombia

Re: Hi guys from Colombia

Postby Paul Lingard » 11 Feb 2013, 01:08

Who was it that did their 1100 in Ferrari red and put Ferrari decals on it? I thought that looked smart and a right ice breaker.
To take away passion is to censor the soul
Paul Lingard
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby mbrST1100 » 11 Feb 2013, 01:31

Paul Lingard wrote:Who was it that did their 1100 in Ferrari red and put Ferrari decals on it?

IIRC some guy in the US...

IIRC-II another one over there has nailed beemer badges onto his 1100 :)
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby saaz_australia » 22 Mar 2013, 01:31

Hi Mauricio! I was wondering the other day how you might be getting on with the ST.
John Nagle
2014 Triumph Trophy SE, 1996 Honda ST1100P
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681 and some others
saaz_australia
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby John OoSTerhuis » 22 Mar 2013, 03:33

Hi Mauricio. Hope the VRR I sent you is still working.

Whit Brown of Golden, CO, put Ferrari badges and stickers on two or three ST1100s.

Regards, John

John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058
Classic 1991 Honda ST1100 in Sparkling Silver Metallic

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058
1991 Honda ST1100 in Sparkling Silver Metallic (@190K)
Bettendorf, Iowa
John OoSTerhuis
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: John Oosterhuis
Model: ST1100
Year: 1991
Colour: Sparkling Silver Met

Postby WJBertrand » 22 Mar 2013, 14:17

Yeah Whit had 3 STs all '93s and all with Ferrari decals on the top shelter. I think it was Fred Ziglar however, that first did it, calling his ST "Special Testarosa".

-Jeff-
STOC 025
-Jeff-
STOC 025
Ventura, CA
WJBertrand
Bacon Butty Master
Bacon Butty Master

Postby maubur00 » 18 Dec 2013, 23:53

Gosh, I'm not sure if I can bump a thread this old but I might as well give it a try. I see there are a bunch of replies which I never commented and that might sound rude on my part. I still own my temperamental ST. At this rate I think my relationship with this bike will outlast my wife, specially now that it seems the old my-mc posts made it to this forum (or at least in part). Also, and believe it or not, my ST is less "high maintenance" than wifey...

John's VRR worked perfectly well until a couple of months ago. Nowadays I'm getting what I think are overcharging issues. Charging voltage was always in the mid 14's while cruising. Now I'm getting mid 15's. Never been to 16 although I have seen 15.9 once or twice. No ill effects yet. Battery is running fine and no blown bulbs or fuses. Fingers crossed.

I have been struggling in the past year with engine issues. In the beginning on rare ocasions the bike wouldn't start when hot. It became more and more frequent and I finally discovered fuel boiling in carbs. In the meantime, the bike was fouling plugs, specially #3. I now have the carbs off and am trying to cut out a new rubber mat using a stencil I found on the web. The old mat is in dire conditions.

Current plan is to replace the OEM mat with a thicker rubber mat (hope it fits). While carbs are out I will close pilot screws to 1 and 3/4 turns out except #3 which will go to 1.5 turns. Had them at 2 and 1/4 out and plugs were definitely fouled. I may also lower floats to around 8mm instead of the 7mm default. Mind you, I'm still running this thing at 8400 ft above sea level.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers and Merry Chrsitmas to all.

Mauricio
maubur00
Bacon Butty
Bacon Butty

Postby David W » 17 Nov 2014, 01:09

maubur00 wrote:... Nowadays I'm getting what I think are overcharging issues. Charging voltage was always in the mid 14's while cruising. Now I'm getting mid 15's. Never been to 16 [volts] although I have seen 15.9 once or twice. No ill effects yet. Battery is running fine and no blown bulbs or fuses. Fingers crossed. ... Mauricio
You may want to occasionally look at the "Battery Voltage" thread in our ST1100 forum. One of our members is determined to beat the same problem you described, and we are looking for techniques that are a bit more scientific than crossing ones fingers.
maubur00 wrote:... Any clue where I can find stencils for the default decals? BTW, I had a lot of help from people .... Did any of them make it here? ...Cheers! Mauricio
Both the adhesive "decals" and the rubber engine mat should be available through Honda although the decals will have to be matched to a colour such as "pure red - pearl".
One person, Norm Keller of Canada, who helped you with your voltage regulator (or VRR) seems regrettably to have chosen not to post here any more. (He owns a 1994 ABS model that is just like your 1993.)
The term "Key-in-Pocket" or KiP voltage which you introduced has been reinstated in one of my ST1100 threads here.
'Tis not its looks, but how it cooks.
And I've found that most liter size Pans, when warmed up, cook well.
David W
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: David W.
Model: ST1100M/P ST1100AR/S
Year: 1991/1993, 1994/1995
Colour: 2 reds; 2 are black.

Postby maubur00 » 17 Nov 2014, 14:09

Hey David.

I appreciate your reply to my last post almost a year old. Charging system is still running strong and voltage readings have come down a bit as I ride the bike more often. Still see over 15V from time to time.

I traced the no start issue to a clamped carb venting hose that was re routed at the carbs some six years ago upon removal of the PAIR system. It was badly pinched between the air filter base and the frame. I disconnected the tube and left the carbs venting to the atmosphere under the filter. Bike has started fine ever since, hot or cold.

Thanks for the credit for the KiP acronym. I'm amazed at your ability to trace the thing to me. I had totally forgotten this.

Cheers!

Mauricio
maubur00
Bacon Butty
Bacon Butty

Postby David W » 22 Nov 2014, 20:30

David W wrote:... One person, Norm Keller of Canada, who helped you with your voltage regulator (or VRR) seems regrettably to have chosen not to post here any more. (He owns a 1994 ABS model that is just like your 1993.
Correction: I think Norm actually signed off when this was still Steinar Fremme's last my-mc site; that happened well after Mauricio's ST1100A had been discussed.
David W wrote:... The term "Key-in-Pocket" or KiP voltage which you introduced has been reinstated in one of my ST1100 threads here.
maubur00 wrote:Hey David. ...
Thanks for the credit for the KiP acronym. I'm amazed at your ability to trace the thing to me. I had totally forgotten this.
Cheers!
Mauricio
We are trying to not lose anything related to a Pan/ST1100 that anyone posted on any Steinar Fremme site. For example, Norm posted lots of useful info for Steinar's sites; some of it has not been re-posted here.
'Tis not its looks, but how it cooks.
And I've found that most liter size Pans, when warmed up, cook well.
David W
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: David W.
Model: ST1100M/P ST1100AR/S
Year: 1991/1993, 1994/1995
Colour: 2 reds; 2 are black.

Previous

Return to Introduce yourself