Your Confidential Opinion Please

Your Confidential Opinion Please

Postby Paul Lingard » 19 Mar 2013, 13:34

Please don't post your opinions here.

I have started this thread purely to let you know how the response to the PM I sent you all is going.

Firstly I must thank all of you who have replied I truly appreciate the effort and your time.
The response is very good, in fact, it's far better than I expected. It seems that the purpose of the PM is working with members getting in touch who don't post often or at all even. There has been more input than any of the polls and such that have been posted on the board so in my book that's a success.
The comments so far are very interesting and very helpful. I'm starting to see a theme forming which was the overall purpose.
Please keep the opinions coming, it really is helpful. The more opinions I get will obviously allow a fully and fairer picture to be had.
Eventually I will post a breakdown of the info gained in some form, not quite sure what that will be just yet.

Once again My thanks to you and keep them coming either via PM or direct email either is fine.
To take away passion is to censor the soul
Paul Lingard
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Re: Your Confidential Opinion Please

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 19 Mar 2013, 17:38

I'd like to thank Paul for this initiative. We are really very curious about the outcome of this little enquete.

That said, I'd like to point out that IMHO any suggestions, comments, whatever should preferably be posted in the "Suggestions for forum" section publicly. I can't for the life of me imagine why any member would hesitate to do so. But that may just be my thick skin.

I'd like to stress as well that the mod team is always available via PM if you have anything you wish to discuss in private.
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby BB08 MCN » 19 Mar 2013, 20:31

Openly, I have no problems, just that i'm busy with other items at present. Primarily setting thing in motion to retire in May/June, things to sort/ do/ prioritise etc.
Then I can live a life of leisure, and riding my bikes, I hope, probably fat chance! 8-)
2011 ST1300 A-9: BMW R1200 GS:
Image Image
BB08 MCN
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Robert McNeil
Make: Honda
Model: ST1300-A9
Year: 2011
Colour: Digital Silver

Postby mbrST1100 » 19 Mar 2013, 21:01

I too thank Paul for the efforts (and the burden ;) ) of doing a market research/inquiry in order to take measures to increase customer retention and customer acquisition :yes:

However, as a message to all out there: a forum and its contents are what you contribute to it, it isn't a static 'entertainment centre', its a dynamic user platform.
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 20 Mar 2013, 12:33

Well said Martin.
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mbrST1100 » 20 Mar 2013, 14:35

...just my 2c on this...

Faced similar 'motivation issues' in a real life MC club...
Members moaned over lack on 'scheduled activities', and when we did schedule and communicate things like RTEs or weekend rides, the very same folks who first did not respond, moaned about a shitload of other things during the ride then...
Same with the selection of the pub to hold the monthly meetings...
But when confronted with the logical alternative that they should then plan and seek something what's within their likes, the response was somewhere between static and white-noise...

I meant we'd provided all tools there, homepage, an email list, etc... beats me why folks need to be kicked and whipped :lol:
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Keith Legge » 28 Mar 2013, 11:48

:bump:
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Postby Forest 1100 » 28 Mar 2013, 16:40

Keith Legge wrote::bump:

Yes. waiting here for Paul's summary also.
1996 Pure Pearl Red HONDA ST1100
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100
Year: 1996
Colour: Pure Pearl Red

Postby Paul Lingard » 28 Mar 2013, 22:37

Sorry guys
the info dried up after Pieters post

"That said, I'd like to point out that IMHO any suggestions, comments, whatever should preferably be posted in the "Suggestions for forum" section publicly. I can't for the life of me imagine why any member would hesitate to do so. But that may just be my thick skin.

I'd like to stress as well that the mod team is always available via PM if you have anything you wish to discuss in private."

Not enough information was gained to give a fair report IMHO.
To take away passion is to censor the soul
Paul Lingard
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 29 Mar 2013, 00:50

Sorry to hear that Paul. I just meant to thank you for your initiative.
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Serious suggestions please