Registered Users.

Registered Users.

Postby Critters » 27 Nov 2014, 19:12

I have been logging in more frequently and have noticed on a few occasions that there at times been one or two registered users online with 30 or so guests. I appreciate that these guests look but don't post but surely if you restrict the content to these "guests" it may encourage more members registering / logging in and contributing.
Brian

Disclaimer: The above is probably bollox. If it sounds like advice or that I am knowledgeable, that is purely coincidental. Following anything suggested above may be detrimental to you health.
Critters
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: Brian Anderson
Make: Honda
Model: ST1300
Year: 2003
Colour: Candy Red

Re: Registered Users.

Postby Forest 1100 » 27 Nov 2014, 19:56

I see the same thing all the time, however, I know from my own experience that if I encounter a site that I am "mildly" interested in and it requires me to join to see stuff, I will often just leave and never go back. There's far more lookey-loos out there than participators and maybe a lookey-loo is better than nothing. Someday, they may get inspired to join.
1996 Pure Pearl Red HONDA ST1100
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100
Year: 1996
Colour: Pure Pearl Red

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 27 Nov 2014, 20:37

Brian, moderators have the ability to view who these "guests" are, and the large majority of these "guests" are just robots from search engines.

We have decided a long time ago that most of the board should be publicly (read only) accessible. There are only a few subforums that have been restricted to registered members.
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby Critters » 27 Nov 2014, 21:07

Pieter Huizinga wrote:Brian, moderators have the ability to view who these "guests" are, and the large majority of these "guests" are just robots from search engines.

We have decided a long time ago that most of the board should be publicly (read only) accessible. There are only a few subforums that have been restricted to registered members.

Ah ok, that explains it a bit more, I appreciate the info and now feel stupid for thinking they were real people. :oops:
Brian

Disclaimer: The above is probably bollox. If it sounds like advice or that I am knowledgeable, that is purely coincidental. Following anything suggested above may be detrimental to you health.
Critters
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: Brian Anderson
Model: ST1300
Year: 2003
Colour: Candy Red

Postby mbrST1100 » 27 Nov 2014, 22:31

Critters wrote:...now feel stupid for thinking they were real people. :oops:

Well, somewhere far down the line there are real people behind all thisd; spiders, meta-crawlers, etc... unless Skynet has awoken already... ;)
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Return to Serious suggestions please