Getting the lazy and feckless back to work.

*NSFW*. Skip this section if you are religious, don't like boobs, or are easily offended. The choice is yours!
If you decide to visit this section anyway, please refrain from complaining afterwards. Thank you!

Re: Getting the lazy and feckless back to work.

Postby Keith Legge » 11 Jun 2013, 10:36

mbrST1100 wrote:that man has two motorcycles and a car... and apparently he doesn't work, as he's always home...

When you put it like that i don't know what i'm complaining about :roflmao:
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Make: Honda
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Postby alans1100 » 11 Jun 2013, 11:27

Being unemployed at my age things are a little easier than being under 50.

It's even better as I live more than 100 kms from the nearest Govt office so it's only phone contact every three months. I'm supposed to apply for four jobs a fortnight which takes up about an hour or two every two weeks as I can apply online which is about the only way it's done these days. Might be lucky to get one reply a year.......lol. So far in 2 an a half years I haven't needed to show proof I've looked for work, phone call lasts two minutes.

We also have job search provider which I have to see once a month. There's enough unemployed people here where I live that they come here twice a week. Govt used to this but it's contracted out to private enterprise now.

As far as benefit goes (single rate of $AUD505 every two weeks) it's about 65% of the aged pension rate which is linked to 25% of the average wage and the inflation rate in Australia or whichever is the higher and there's an adjustment every 6 months. Plus if your paying rent in the private market you might get means tested rent assistance.

In two years time when I turn 60 I get another $50 a fortnight. If I do at least 15 hours of volunteer work I don't need to look for work but I haven't looked into that yet.
OzStoc Member ( http://www.ozstoc.com ) FarRider No. 921

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Alan
Model: ST1100AX
Year: 1999
Colour: Midi Metallic Blue

Postby mbrST1100 » 11 Jun 2013, 14:03

Keith Legge wrote:When you put it like that i don't know what i'm complaining about...

You've to admit: to others you appear wealthy... ;)

Occasional I'm facing the same BS from some folks... that the 'new' ST is like 13 years old, the 'fancy' one even 19 years and my cage with over 300Tkm on the clock a '96 thus has seen 17 years of road use is slipping their minds completely...

And I'll probably have to hang in there for another two decades, by the time I reach 'retirement age' they've probably raised it to 70 years or more... as they'd wasted all the payments/rates of my generations on all those boobies and their breed their so desperately trying to replace us locals with...

Currently my GF is fuming over the tax office, as they'd simply 'lost' some documents, thus now claiming a repayment of € 1500,- in 'liabilities', as they state... money she just cannot raise by herself at the moment...
She has proof that she'd submitted the documents last year, but no avail...
An arrogant desk drone beefed at her that she has to appeal properly (written form, registered letter and that) and re-submit all documents in question... or face seizure of salary and pledge...
She's so upset that she actually plays it 'their way' now... by submitting all and everything like 4 times: fax, email, snail mail and personal drop off at the office...

The thought about all those public offices just throwing all and everything at those emigrants, while giving Austrian citizens a hard time makes her bat-shit crazy...
Especially when those Turks demonstrating again in front of her workplace, raising riots and havoc... why do they even get a permit for that crap??!!!
They should be treated like back home: water throwers, tear gas and batons...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Keith Legge » 11 Jun 2013, 14:38

mbrST1100 wrote:You've to admit: to others you appear wealthy... ;)

:lol: Yep but things are never what they appear.............

Oh i should point out that i bought the Goldwing with the last of my redundancy which i was saving for a rainy day but after 8 years in the bank was worth %10 less than when i put it in there. Who's fault is that those same self serving back stabbing line your own pocket thieving scumbag MP's who have now pinched another £9 off me.
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 11 Jun 2013, 16:11

Keith Legge wrote:
mbrST1100 wrote:You've to admit: to others you appear wealthy... ;)

:lol: Yep but things are never what they appear.............

Appearances are deceiving. --Richelieu
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby mbrST1100 » 11 Jun 2013, 18:25

Keith Legge wrote::lol: Yep but things are never what they appear...

Same here... folks see two 'big' motorcycles and a (fried out) family combi and go 'oohhh...'

The old '94 ST (and its refurbing) was financed by a part from the severance indemnity I'd received when they mobbed/kicked me out after 15 years of flawless duty...
The rest went into trainings and examination fees (entrepreneurial ability, master's certificate) by which 'the state' again swallowed a big pile of money from me (it isn't about technical knowledge, flawless work termination in accordance to codes and safety regulations, its only about the money...)

So here as there the local citizens start to moan about discrepancies, cut backs on their expenses, not being threated fair, etc... not long and the public mood will start to boil up...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby mbrST1100 » 30 Jun 2013, 11:22

Interesting news though:

whilst the British economy is down and struggles to get the BIP back up, the Queen gets a raise on her paycheck... doh! :shock:
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Andi Archer » 30 Jun 2013, 12:38

Yes the Politicians brightened up the news by saying we didnt have a double dip just a year of no increases.....knowing that is really going to help the economy but not stop the years of cost cutting :roll:

As for Maj well she does own half of Cornwall so I guess a rise may help her serfs get a better than inflation rise :roll:
_._._____.____.______.___._.Image_______________________
Google+ https://plus.google.com/115641673484623 ... 5733/posts
Andi Archer
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: O`nda
Model: ST1100 Super
Year: 1994
Colour: Red is Best

Postby Keith Legge » 30 Jun 2013, 13:06

Some headlines from last week.

Violent criminal we can't deport because of his seven children

A shanty town in London is no surprise

Illegal Romanian immigrants cleared from football club site

Border agency ignored 35,000 leads in asylum backlog, says report

Tory minister breaks foot after table-dancing in Soho :lol:
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Keith Legge » 30 Jun 2013, 13:10

mbrST1100 wrote:the Queen gets a raise on her paycheck... doh! :shock:

We can always find money for useless articles.
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics/Religion/Sex