Getting the lazy and feckless back to work.

*NSFW*. Skip this section if you are religious, don't like boobs, or are easily offended. The choice is yours!
If you decide to visit this section anyway, please refrain from complaining afterwards. Thank you!

Re: Getting the lazy and feckless back to work.

Postby pete young » 28 Apr 2013, 13:13

I applied for 5 more jobs this week in the transport industry supervising or managing, I am not optimistic about getting a reply from any of them. I would love to set up my own bike spares business but premises and cash to start up are like rocking horse poo at the moment.
pete young
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Postby mbrST1100 » 28 Apr 2013, 16:53

pete young wrote:I applied for 5 more jobs this week in the transport industry supervising or managing...

Dunno about the labor market over there, here its totally obvious that the EC/politically enforced opening to the 'new countries' totally slashed the wage levels...
Hell, they even legally operate their service vehicles and crews over here... looking at a construction site you won't find a single local company license plate anymore...
Makes one seriously wonder where the locals are working now, if they find something at all...

I've no clue what those politicians are thinking or aiming at by driving this impoverishment of the middle class... but its dangerous... and if this ignites...

The Swiss government took the right step these days, they'd sensed the disturbance in the domestic labor market in time and put a stop to immigration over that.
IMHO a total logical decision, first The People must have shelter, food & work... if then anything is still in absolute surplus for longer foreseeable time, a nation can take in others... but never the other way around and actually frustrate, harass and discriminate the locals as well as those immigrants who expected flowing milk and honey only to get disappointed... such is the seed for a climate no one wants to have... :roll:

Still wonder what Keith is supposed to do from here on... forcing him into employment, so he needs to come up with a home care no one can afford...
But maybe he's expected to hire an illegal immigrant under the table for like 3 quid a day or less...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 28 Apr 2013, 17:47

Good for you Martin! Congrats!
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby pete young » 08 Jun 2013, 16:23

I have a 21 year old stepson who, if spent as much time trying to get a job as avoiding getting a job he would be worth a small fortune and probably have a great position.
He applied for the Marines (he says) 3 years ago and every time I ask it would appear that the process is ongoing but he has to wait for this and that, never heard so much bull in my life.
Peed myself a few weeks ago, he planned on walking to Catterick to meet a friend in the Army for a weekend, he was going to camp out and do the 60 miles in 2 days, he bought his cans of food and drinks, packed his bag.......then decided not to go in case he hurt his foot whilst walking....we called around to his flat and found him camping out in the living room in my pitched tent.
I am so glad that he is not of my blood or else there would be a size 12 wedged solid between his cheeks and we dont mean the ones at each side of his nose.
Never had a job in his life but has sky TV and broadband, everything paid, money in his pocket....what the hell kind of society have we turned in to.
pete young
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Postby Andi Archer » 08 Jun 2013, 19:00

The UK government seems hell bent on giving millions of tax money to other "needy country s" like Pakistan and India both of which are billions of Dollars into Space and Nuclear weapons development.It is also easier for a migrant legal or not, to get support [money and housing] as opposed to an individual who is actually born over here.
Its like being on the Titanic and not being allowed to get aboard the life rafts. :(
_._._____.____.______.___._.Image_______________________
Google+ https://plus.google.com/115641673484623 ... 5733/posts
Andi Archer
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: O`nda
Model: ST1100 Super
Year: 1994
Colour: Red is Best

Postby mbrST1100 » 10 Jun 2013, 11:53

Andi Archer wrote:It is also easier for a migrant legal or not, to get support [money and housing] as opposed to an individual who is actually born over here.

Over here this kind of discrimination is also to be found in various areas and departments... and I'm observing this development critical with a lot of mistrust as it eventually will create the social political situation/outcome no one wants to have... those over liberal groups creating and enforcing those issues in particular...

Worked at an embassy today and had a small chat with the driver, who expressed his astonishment that the Austrian/Vienna authorities actually permit just anyone to demonstrate at any time, like them Turks to demonstrate against that building project back in Istanbul... (totally useless, as much effect as me demonstrating against the Vienna major/City Council on some place in Belgrade... the first impulse is simple 'who cares?!' & 'go home!'... Its only an annoyance, upsetting the locals, thus hat just the opposite effect...)
On one side does Democracy include freedom of speech and political orientation (to a degree though...), OTOH are our authorities going overboard in being 'over-liberal' when it comes to migrant minorities...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Andi Archer » 10 Jun 2013, 21:33

Not to harp on but the freedom of speech over here seems limited to those who are immigrants or of an "extreme viewpoint" whereas a "normal" demonstration if there is such a thing nowhere days, would be closed down or restricted to such an extent as to be worthless.
Of course the 100% security Obama promised under Prism will save us all from the bad men.........and a hi to all those at the NSA reading this message :D
_._._____.____.______.___._.Image_______________________
Google+ https://plus.google.com/115641673484623 ... 5733/posts
Andi Archer
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: O`nda
Model: ST1100 Super
Year: 1994
Colour: Red is Best

Postby Forest 1100 » 11 Jun 2013, 00:24

In the grand scheme of things . . . . . . . we are all fucked! :cry:
1996 Pure Pearl Red HONDA ST1100
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100
Year: 1996
Colour: Pure Pearl Red

Postby Keith Legge » 11 Jun 2013, 09:44

I should point out that they have abandoned the idea of finding me a job :shock: but they have been able to reduce my benefits by £9 a week which as you can imagine i have found very helpfull. :x

Forest 1100 wrote: we are all fucked! :cry:

Not true Forest only some of us are fucked some ( for some read self serving back stabbing line your own pocket thieving scumbag MP's) still have large bank accounts.

Am i bitter you bet your arse i'm bitter when i see Cameron and his cronies swanning off on holiday and i can't get a fucking weekend off.
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Postby mbrST1100 » 11 Jun 2013, 10:28

Keith Legge wrote:I should point out that they have abandoned the idea of finding me a job :shock: but they have been able to reduce my benefits by £9 a week which as you can imagine i have found very helpfull. :x

So that are good and bad news simultaneously...
GBP 9,-/week makes GBP 38,97,-/month... I assume that's about the amount you'd need for a weekly groceries/take out... or one pharmacists receipt...
Any legal ways like a 'marginally employment' avail, in which you could earn a little aside without loosing benefits, getting cited or facing noticeable raises on income tax?
(we have this, permitting to earn about EUR 320,-/month extra tax free... regardless if in education/studying, retired, working or unemployed...)

Not true Forest only some of us are fucked some ( for some read self serving back stabbing line your own pocket thieving scumbag MP's) still have large bank accounts.

Oh yeah, they manage to expand the cleft between 'the rich' and 'the poor' progressively... especially by their tactics in impoverishing the middle class...

And then there the ignorant neighbors gossiping... that man has two motorcycles and a car... and apparently he doesn't work, as he's always home...
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Politics/Religion/Sex