MP pay rise?

*NSFW*. Skip this section if you are religious, don't like boobs, or are easily offended. The choice is yours!
If you decide to visit this section anyway, please refrain from complaining afterwards. Thank you!

MP pay rise?

Postby Keith Legge » 01 Jul 2013, 08:53

Radio phone in this morning

SHOULD MPs GET A PAY RISE?

What do you think?
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Make: Honda
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Re: MP pay rise?

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 01 Jul 2013, 09:10

Absolutely. Poor folks scrambling to get by and make ends meet.
:nanana1:
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby alans1100 » 01 Jul 2013, 10:45

We could tie our wages/pension increases to the same percentage as the politicians/company management. What's good for one is good for all.......lol

Our power companies all got a 30 percent increase (in South Australia) in what they could charge us. I wonder what they'd say if their workers asked for the same deal.
OzStoc Member ( http://www.ozstoc.com ) FarRider No. 921

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Alan
Model: ST1100AX
Year: 1999
Colour: Midi Metallic Blue

Postby Derek-Dex-French » 02 Jul 2013, 10:16

An MP salary linked to the UK average wage would seem sensible to me. Currently I would put that at three times average salary for an MP. They need to be paid enough to run what can be quite a disrupted life, and also not be tempted with 'cash for questions' type offers.
I love being right. If only it happened more often...
Derek-Dex-French
Bacon Butty Master
Bacon Butty Master

Model: ST1300
Year: 2012
Colour: Black

Postby mbrST1100 » 02 Jul 2013, 15:54

Methinks being a politician is supposed to be volunteer based/unsalaried, done by folks who feel 'competent' and literally want to serve and dedicate their doing for the nation and the people (maybe some form of Entrance Test and background check about abilities and personal live/orientation has to be developed for this, as is happens when we're applying for a job in a corporation...)
And if they screw up it must be legal to fire them right on the spot, again as it would happen to just any of us in any 'civil' employment for doing wrong, being inefficient, too old, etc...
All this crap with 'birthrights', patronage, getting there purely by knowing someone who knows someone who..., remaining glued to their seats only for the money and power involved, while not giving a rat's ass about the true matters of the nation and the people...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Keith Legge » 02 Jul 2013, 17:52

I'm all in favour of being paid the going rate but we keep being told if you don't pay enough you wont attract the right people well if money is their driving factor maybe they are not the right people. :?

Pay the going rate (whatever that is deemed to be) and do away with expenses and ban second jobs make cash for questions illegal then maybe we will get the right people. The sort of people who want to work for their community not to line their own pockets. :roll:

PS i got to ride my bike today and even though it pissed down i loved it. :monster:
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Return to Politics/Religion/Sex