Woolwich atrocity

*NSFW*. Skip this section if you are religious, don't like boobs, or are easily offended. The choice is yours!
If you decide to visit this section anyway, please refrain from complaining afterwards. Thank you!

Woolwich atrocity

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 23 May 2013, 10:33

My thoughts are with the family of the serviceman.
I wholeheartedly agree with Pat Condell.
Tweets from @patcondell
People who have never read Islamic scripture are telling us the #Woolwich atrocity has nothing to do with Islam, like they’d know.
The police took twenty minutes to get there. Probably had to tear themselves away from a diversity seminar.
Muslims are already being urged to report anti-Muslim bigotry in the wake of the atrocity. Yes, Muslims are the real victims here.
Not all Muslims are to blame (changing my name to Mr Not-All-Muslims so I don’t have to keep saying it) but Islam is to blame 100%.
Islam is the problem. Everyone on this planet would be better off without it, including Muslims. Maybe science can find a cure.

That said, one can't help wondering if the atrocity would have generated as much media attention had the slaghterer not shouted "Allahu akhbar".
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Re: Woolwich atrocity

Postby Keith Legge » 23 May 2013, 11:43

Muslims hide bombers Catholics hide peadophiles the world would be a better place without any religion but we would still find something to fight over. :cry:
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Make: Honda
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Postby Forest 1100 » 23 May 2013, 16:05

Keith Legge wrote:Muslims hide bombers Catholics hide peadophiles the world would be a better place without any religion but we would still find something to fight over. :cry:

So true. Human greed is a definite source of man's inhumanity to all other species of life on the planet, but religion is, and has been since long before the Christian crusades, man's failing to get along with fellow human beings. Religion is a convenient crutch for those that fear living.
1996 Pure Pearl Red HONDA ST1100
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100
Year: 1996
Colour: Pure Pearl Red

Postby Uncle Phil » 23 May 2013, 16:37

Maybe we should get rid of all motorcycle riders since some of them are obnoxious, some stunt and cause trouble, and some have loud pipes. After all, if part of a group if bad, we should ban the whole group .... ;-) In fact, since some humans are bad, why not just get rid of the whole bunch of them also. This would make the world a much better place. Less pollution, less trouble, more quiet, no wars, no hunger ....
97 ST1100 STD +150,000 / 02 ST1100 ABS +102,000/ 97 ST1100 ABS +65,000
http://www.UnclePhil.us

"There's more to leading than being in front." - Uncle Phil
Uncle Phil
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Phillip Derryberry
Year: 97-97-02
Colour: Red-Red-Wineberry

Postby Keith Legge » 23 May 2013, 18:55

Just found out the soldier who was murdered lived round the corner from me very sad and senseless.
Image ....... Awkward Northerner
Sometimes................Always............Sometimes..................................Always
Keith Legge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Keith Legge
Model: ST1100W/GL1500l
Year: 1998/1990
Colour: Green/Gold

Postby Uncle Phil » 23 May 2013, 19:59

Forest 1100 wrote:. Religion is a convenient crutch for those that fear living.

How would you know about that, Forest? I have no fear of living (just ask a few folks that have been around me much) and I certainly have no fear of dying. But let's separate 'religion' that is practiced outwardly from that which is a reality inwardly. ;-)

Uncle Phil
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Forest 1100 » 23 May 2013, 21:57

Uncle Phil wrote: let's separate 'religion' that is practiced outwardly from that which is a reality inwardly. ;-)

. . and therein lies the problem with religion, whether you are Muslim, Christian, Jehovah's Witness, Catholic, etc., etc. - the "outward" practicing of one's religion. Everyone has some sort of belief system that "works" for them. Something that helps them make sense of why they are here and what this existence is all about. Indeed, even atheists have a belief system, even though it denounces all religions.

I, believe it or not, also have a belief system, but it doesn't rely on me praying to a deity, or prostrating myself on the ground, or taking some wine and a wafer of bread, or going door to door to spread "the word". My thoughts of our reality, my belief system, remains within me, unless someone engages me in a discussion about what I think is really going on in this plane of existence. That's where the world's religions become the problem, because many of those involved in them can't go about their own business and be content to think their own religious thoughts without trying to impose their belief system on others, which, as is made abundantly clear every day somewhere in the world, causes man to hate and kill his fellow man in the name of his chosen religion, or often use it to subjugate women and those considered of lower class. Look at how the Catholic church continues to rule the lives of women and families by denouncing birth control and abortion and by doing so, force those families to have children that they can't support, or love, as they should.

We are born alone and we die alone, regardless of who or what may be watching over us. Religion is a man made distraction intended to control people's lives and many are happy to be coddled in that blanket to help them make it through the journey.
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Uncle Phil » 23 May 2013, 22:23

Forest - You speak as if you have the answers and yet you have not experienced both sides of the 'equation' as far as I can tell and as I have personally. True faith in Christ - not religion - gives peace and freedom, not bondage and control. And you are right - everyone has a 'religion' of some sort whether they admit it or not. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but it is unwise assume that folks who don't think like you are experiencing a 'man made distraction' just because it does not square up wih your 'religion'. I can find all sorts of examples of evil deeds done by both religious and non-religious people, for evil is simply evil regardless of the 'cloak' that is used to cover it. I never require that everybody has to agree with me or try to force what I believe on anyone. I also don't cry out for those who don't agree with me to be banished to some dark place or destroyed. Ones who take that position are merely afraid of what they might find if they examined a diferrent point of view in a serious manner. One thing is for sure - when you die then you will know the ultimate answer in those last seconds. If 'Rover' rolls over and it's all over, then you were right. But if you are not, then it can get really interesting. If what I believe and try to live according to makes me a more useful and happy person to those around me whether they share my beliefs or not, then I win in either situation. If I am wrong, then after death I am no worse off than you. If I am right, then I am much better off than you if I what I believe is true.

Uncle Phil
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Forest 1100 » 23 May 2013, 23:14

Well Phil, your last line - "If I am wrong, then after death I am no worse off than you. If I am right, then I am much better off than you if I what I believe is true." - makes two assumptions. First, you are assuming that I am in the atheist camp by saying that I will be right if Rover rolls over and it's all over. That is not what I believe. I can't imagine that we come here for all these years, learning life lessons as we go, for it all to end up as a bit of stardust. Secondly, since you believe you may end up better off than me after the curtain comes down, you are assuming that heaven and hell is fact, a concept that belies the notion of a "loving God", who supposedly asks us to find it in our hearts to forgive and forget. Why wouldn't he do likewise? I would like to ask what you are going to think when you get "over there" and find everyone else there, not only me, but people like Hitler, or Jack the Ripper? We are all on the same path, in my opinion, and what we do on the journey is a learning experience, no matter what we do.

As I said earlier, religions have been made up in the minds of men to control others and it has worked to keep many on the straight and narrow in the hopes of a reward after death. If that makes you a happier and better person, great, but I have not found a need to embrace any mainstream religion to be at peace with what may or may not happen some day down the road, or to be a happy and kind person also.
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Forest 1100 » 23 May 2013, 23:16

:lol: I was just thinking that my avatar will likely be enough to send me straight to hell, right Phil?? ;)
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Next

Return to Politics/Religion/Sex