Sena SMH-10

Review your kit.

Re: Sena SMH-10

Postby Forest 1100 » 23 Jun 2015, 03:43

DANG!!! Oh well, you seem to have sorted that problem anyway, so I hope it continues to work well for you. Looking forward to having my GPS lady tell me where to go, without any wires!
1996 Pure Pearl Red HONDA ST1100
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100
Year: 1996
Colour: Pure Pearl Red

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 24 Jun 2015, 10:34

Test reply from Tapatalk

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby Ali in Austria » 30 Jun 2015, 07:40

Forest 1100 wrote:So what is better about the SMH 10 unit over the SMH 5 unit Pieter? I would want a comm device for intercom purpose only. No phone or GPS connectivity needed. I do have a Garmin 785T GPS, but I always connect my audio capable custom earplugs to that via the 3.5 mm phono plug and keep the GPS inside a pocket. Is there sufficient volume on the Sena headphones to hear intercom voice with earplugs in?

The SMH5 is really a rider to pillion unit. Although you can have 4 headsets (+ 1 universal) connected, it has no conference facility and can only deal with one connection at a time. Range is about half that of the SMH10 and battery life is reduced.

A useful chart: http://www.sena.com/product-comparison-chart/

I have the SMH10 and can't fault it. I have never run out of battery, even on a long day and I have music streaming from my phone most of the time. Range is good. 900m is optimistic in anything other than perfect conditions but 500m is generally no issue. (It does also depend on the capabilities of the Device you are connected to). Audio quality is very good, I don't get any VOX issues and it does what is says on the box. The wife inherited it when I got my 20S.

Now they have sorted out the Firmware on the 20S it is the business. Audio is superb, easy function operations (many via voice command) no issue with VOX, excellent range in that users of lesser devices can still hear me when beyond their range. If you can justify the cost, go for it :D

I had a pre release Sena 20S which was initially not fit for purpose. I can testify to the helpfulness, honesty and speedy service from Sena Tech Support and have somehow ended up with two perfect units. Happy Days ;)
Ali in Austria
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Full name: Alistair Mears
Make: Suzuki
Model: DL1000
Year: 2006
Colour: Black

Previous

Return to Review