Weekend ride...

Europe minus Britain.

Weekend ride...

Postby mbrST1100 » 03 Jun 2014, 22:48

G'Day mates!

nothing special, just threw together the takes my TB had done during the past couple of days,
no subtitles yet, nadda... and I think her camcorder is in serious need of a windsock...

http://youtu.be/xBcLxWd3W8Q
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Re: Weekend ride...

Postby John OoSTerhuis » 04 Jun 2014, 01:55

YouTube sez your video is 'private,' Martin. ;(

John

John OoSTerhuis. STOC 1058
iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058
1991 Honda ST1100 in Sparkling Silver Metallic (@190K)
Bettendorf, Iowa
John OoSTerhuis
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: John Oosterhuis
Model: ST1100
Year: 1991
Colour: Sparkling Silver Met

Postby mbrST1100 » 04 Jun 2014, 07:25

Damn their manipulative politics...
Its supposed that [private] would not show up in general YouTube search/suggestion, but is accessible for anyone with the direct link as posted/embedded above...
Anyway, its [public] now, don't expect too much, I just stitched together what my GF had on her camera...

Locations in order as shown:
Sölkpass, Turracher Höhe, Nockalm Strasse, Grossglockner (Xavier still tinkering with his suspension ;) ), Kaiser Franz Josefs Höhe (pitiful remnants of the glacier...), lunch-brake at "witches barn" :D, Grossglockner (retour route)... skipped the Edelweisshöhe due total whiteout (zero ceiling)...

I'm disappointed over the losses due the mpeg4 compression though... the raw, uncompressed cut on my screen looks way better...
Dunno if the YouTube tools would do much good...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby John OoSTerhuis » 04 Jun 2014, 15:46

Wonderful, Martin! Thank you and your GF for the vicarious ride-along!! I actually got a bit of a chill from seeing all the snow. :)
I didn't mind the wind noise at all. So often, personal ride videos' added music soundtracks just don't 'work.'
"No kangaroos in Austria," heh heh. :)

BeST, John

John OoSTerhuis. STOC 1058
iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
John OoSTerhuis STOC 1058
1991 Honda ST1100 in Sparkling Silver Metallic (@190K)
Bettendorf, Iowa
John OoSTerhuis
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: John Oosterhuis
Model: ST1100
Year: 1991
Colour: Sparkling Silver Met

Postby mbrST1100 » 04 Jun 2014, 17:20

Roads where basically dry, its "winter tarmac" thus provides excellent traction and the Gore stuff with liner is unbeatable anyway.
Them tunnels can be a challenge though, water dripping from ceiling/walls creates icicles, and further some ice-humps on the floor 8-)
The few flakes seen were freezing fog, due being in the clouds there.
What the camera didn't catch was snow blown off the cornices and driven over the road in small clouds/wind devils :D
Had a giggle with the lady in the toll-booth, telling me to be careful cause "...it has ~0°C on the peaks"... "No problem ma'am, got heated grips, but thanx anyway!" :lol:

Climate can be extreme in the Alps and therefore really fascinating, glaring sunshine and over 25°C in one valley, fog, snow and freezing once you go over the next pass/climb over 2000 meters...
Also a cool view when fog/clouds get driven over the ridge right in front of you...

The "Kangaroo thing" is a bit of an insider...
The first time I went on a ride with Xavier from France, he joked about "Ze grand Kangaroo Tours de Force" (imagine French accent there :)), which kinda sticked ever since... ;)
And of course I had the T-shirt with the yellow sign as welcome present for him :lol:
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Return to Continental Europe