Eiffel, Germany: Achtung!

Europe minus Britain.

Eiffel, Germany: Achtung!

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 15 Apr 2014, 10:55

Oil terrorists hit in the Eiffel

Last weekend, a Yamaha rider was severely injured when he slipped on an oil track in a bend. A special force of the Aachen police is investigating into what they called attempted murder.

Bikers in the Eiffel need to be very careful. Folks who do not like them have set a total of five "oil traps" under Aachen. A similar terrorist action took place in the Allgau under München in 2011.

The working hypothesis of the police in Aachen is that the actions are directed against bikers. They have reached that conclusion because the oil tracks were placed during the night on roads favourited by bikers.

Source: ANWB Newsletter. Loosely translated by yours truly.
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Re: Eiffel, Germany: Achtung!

Postby mbrST1100 » 15 Apr 2014, 18:01

Well, such happens in areas/routes frequently abused by (a few) "hobby racers", loud exhausts, extreme revs, excessive speeds, etc...
Till one day the locals get so fed up, that they take matters into their own hands...
We've similar problems here, where folks start to spill gravel onto the roads...

It doesn't mean that I'd approve such arbitrary, hazardous actions, absolutely not... but I can follow their POV to a point...

And since you're supposed to "drive by sight" at all times (unless the road has less then two lanes...), any form of spill should have been visible/noted in time...
I mean it is a common thread after all, every now and then coaches, truck or farm vehicles spill diesel or oil, especially in turns...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Return to Continental Europe