Pension Haus Maria - Biker Friendly B&B in Austria.

Europe minus Britain.

Pension Haus Maria - Biker Friendly B&B in Austria.

Postby Ali in Austria » 27 Mar 2014, 11:33

Pension Haus Maria is a Biker Friendly B&B run by Bikers with Bikers in mind.

We are about 1 hour south of Salzburg on the sunny plateau that is Ramsau Am Dachstein. South facing overlooking The Schladminger Tauern and with the Dachstein Massive rising up to 3000m from our back garden it is a beautiful location.

My wife Denise and I are Bikers ourselves, well she is an experienced Pillion, and toured many times in Europe before emigrating and settling here. We are originally from the Southampton area in the UK.

Pension Haus Maria is a small B&B Pension with just 5 Double Rooms. Some are being converted to be Twins if required however, provided we have rooms available, we do not charge Bikers a single occupancy supplement. All of the rooms have en suit shower and WC, Sat TV & DVD and a balcony or terrace. We also have a guests TV and DVD Lounge, small bar and our breakfast room is also available to be used in the evenings. There is free WiFi throughout most of the house.

We have added a dedicated Biker garage where most of the equipment can be found to cover your needs. Drying facilities including Boot Dryers and luggage storage are available. A laundry service is provided for a fee. Subject to the availability of the vehicle, free evening shuttles for Bikers are done to local cafes and restaurants up to a reasonable hour if required and in the event of bad weather excursions can be arranged with our minibus.

We are Schladming Dachstein Summer Card Partners and during The Summer Card Season all of our guests receive The Summer Card included in the cost of their stay. This gives free access to over 100 sights and attractions in our immediate area and discounts on many more. A prime example is The Dachstein Gondola to the Glacier and Glacier attractions. €33,- per person last year, it is free with The Summer Card although from this year there may be a charge for the Toll Road that accesses it (TBC). You can find out all about The Summer Card here http://www.sommercard.info/en

We aim to be flexible, with breakfast at a time to suit our guests, early and late departures catered for and provided the room isn't required for new guests, no check out deadline on the day of departure.

I normally do a free guided tour once a week as I like to get out and about myself although due to the cost, this doesn't normally include The Großglockner as a destination. I am usually available for further guided tours at an additional cost. We have a number of action cameras (Drift HD & GoPro) which can be rented out and on guided tours I am usually filming with several cameras which often appear on YouTube. We can provide a movie file or BluRay DVD of a much longer and better quality movie of your day or days, edited with music of your choice for a fee. For movie files we recommend bringing some form of storage for it to be transferred to. Unfortunately these can take many hours to prepare and often are not available until after you have departed and have to be forwarded by post.

We can obtain discounted tickets for The Großglockner saving €5,- per bike.

On the subject of video and photos, we will transfer any you have taken on your trip to storage media you provide in order to free up your devices if required and free of charge. We can also prepare and transfer Garmin routes to your Garmin Devices. It is possible to do it with other devices using Tyre but it isn't my favourite software to use.

We first opened for business at the start of the winter season in 2010. In 2013 we were rated on trip Advisor as No 1 B&B in Ramsau and No2 in Austria. In 2014 we have gone one better and are rated No1 in Austria. A nice accolade for sure but we are what we are. If you are expecting 5 Star luxury then that is not us. If you want good, clean basic accommodation with some luxuries and a wealth of help and advice thrown in then we are for you :) .

Highlights of the area in addition to The Summer Card attractions include:

Biking Roads: The Großglockner - 1 hr, B164 at Hochkönig - 35 mins, Gerlos and The Krimml Falls1 1/2 hrs, Nockalmstraße - 1 hr, Postalm - 30 mins, Roßfeld Panoramastraße 1 - 1/4 hr, Sölk Paß - 15 mins, Stoderzinken - 15 mins, Tauplitz and Loser scenic roads 45 mins, around the lakes at Wolfgangsee, Attersee, Trauensee and Mondsee 1 1/2 hrs. Hallstatt and The Koppen Paß - 1 1/2 hrs and the biking roads around Wild Alpen and Mariazell 1 1/2 hrs to name just a few.

Places of interest include: Hallstatt, an unspoilt lakeside village so good the Chinese copied it - 1 1/2 hours, Werfen Castle and Birds of Prey (The setting for Schloss Adler in "Where Eagles Dare") - 35 minutes and Europe's largest ice caves nearby, Salzburg - 1 hour, Berchtesgaden and The Eagles Nest - 1 1/4 hours, Zip Line Stoderzinken (Europe's highest and longest Zip Line riding up to 4 abreast) 15 minutes.

Of course there is much, much more than mentioned to see and do and most roads out here are a real treat in any case. We are also happy to provide free help and advice for anyone planning a trip out this way regardless as to whether we are on the itinerary.

Our web site and YouTube Channel Links are in my signature :)
Ali in Austria
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Full name: Alistair Mears
Make: Suzuki
Model: DL1000
Year: 2006
Colour: Black

Re: Pension Haus Maria - Biker Friendly B&B in Austria.

Postby Ali in Austria » 25 Jun 2014, 15:58

Martin, Claudia & Xavier.

We hope we'll see you again soon :)
Ali in Austria
Double Bacon Butty
Double Bacon Butty

Full name: Alistair Mears
Make: Suzuki
Model: DL1000
Year: 2006
Colour: Black

Return to Continental Europe