BritSToc 17

BRITish Sports Touring owners club
http://www.britstoc.com
BritSToc 2017 will be held 2-4 June in North Wales.
See the topic at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14379.

Re: BritSToc 17

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 20 Apr 2017, 17:27

The cancellation of Irish Ferries is 30 pounds.
The cancellation of the hotel may cost me 120 pounds.
Great.

I'm so fucking happy. of course, it's all my fault, so I won't complain. Just take the loss. You know, this may be the last BritSToc for me unless you guys get your act together. Did I mention I'm REALLY pissed off? Why the fuck does it take you half a year to reach a decision about a date and a place? I haven't been this angry in years. I'll quit now before I really start to offense folks.
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby PeterPan » 21 Apr 2017, 09:47

PeterPan wrote:
PeterPan wrote:I think I have decided on a date. The very first weekend in June. And if people so desire the following week in Ireland. That's Friday the 2nd of June until the Sunday. Most likely north Wales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to remind people that a location and date was decided fir BritSToc 17. Make sure you put the date in your diaries.

More info to follow.

Complements of the season to you all.

Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After reading the above and talking to Pieter on FaceTime and having a sleepless night thinking about it I thought I better be the first to reply.

I am sorry Pieter.

We will miss you not just at BritSToc but in Ireland as well.

Perhaps someone who has yet too book a hotel can buy the room from yourself.

Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
PeterPan
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Make: Honda
Model: ST1300A9
Year: 2010
Colour: Red

Postby Nonkel Luc » 21 Apr 2017, 10:15

So sorry that this has happened, bud I do understand you have been very busy working all around the planet last months. Also about the 16 previous BritSToc's we where always counting on you to get all in place Peter, as you always did so perfectly to ensure we had a great weekend. Maybe somebody else should stand up and step in, so you and Fi could enjoy for once a BritSToc from the other side of the table :-) Then you should' not have to worry about all the details, making sure all are happy and no sleepless nights! And I know for Pieter it's a disappointment because he was looking forward to meeting you all again, bud you also have to deal with m*therf*ckers like myself. Al year shouting "gone be there" and then last minute have to cancel it . Also not funny for you as organizer.
'm not sure anymore why I started this reply.... bud just know that Annie and I (And for sure Pieter and Karen) really appreciate all you have don for BritSToc in the last 100 years.
May the bike be with you
Greetz Luc
Nonkel Luc
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Postby PeterPan » 21 Apr 2017, 17:24

Harwich to Hook of Holland Stena line has Availability
PeterPan
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby BB08 MCN » 21 Apr 2017, 20:07

Sorry to hear Pieter,

Just checked and if returning on Sunday, both Hull to Rotterdam and Hull to Zeebrugge have availabilities, also just found out it is the return weekend from the IOM TT races, Saturday crossings from Hull apparently fully booked up in early 2017 for returning spectators.
2011 ST1300 A-9: BMW R1200 GS:
Image Image
BB08 MCN
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Robert McNeil
Model: ST1300-A9
Year: 2011
Colour: Digital Silver

Postby PeterW3035 » 22 Apr 2017, 08:54

Haven't managed to call in here for some time and have only looked in recently to catch up with BritSToc plans.

Pieter, sorry to hear of your planning problems must be a real bugger coordinating all that is needed. If it helps, Steve Goldsmith from my local Pan Clan group is hoping to come along this a year and could possibly take over your hotel booking if that helps, not sure at the moment whether he will have his wife on pillion. Let me know and I can put you in touch.
The Honda Pan European UK Owners Club Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/532793110173047/
PeterW3035
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Full name: Peter Finch

Postby PeterPan » 22 Apr 2017, 09:38

Peter.. I have a cunning plan.

I am looking at booking a holiday home for the week. I know we will only use it for perhaps five nights but the price split between the amount going will make it very reasonable.

Peter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PeterPan
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 23 Apr 2017, 13:13

PeterPan wrote:Harwich to Hook of Holland Stena line has Availability

Yes but not on the return trip. Anyway not when I tried to book it.

Look, I regret all this too, we had been looking forward to the trip and were getting really anxious that we couldn't book the ferries, lacking travel and hotel schedule details.

I've already cancelled Irish ferries and the hotel in Wales. Booked a spring break in Portugal for the week instead, as we already had blocked it in our agendas. Will wave at you from the beach there.

Perhaps we can attend BritSToc18, unless you guys are so pissed off at us that we're not welcome anymore. :mrgreen:
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: Pieter J. Huizinga
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby cammy_moir » 23 Apr 2017, 19:30

Pieter Huizinga wrote:
PeterPan wrote:Harwich to Hook of Holland Stena line has Availability

Yes but not on the return trip. Anyway not when I tried to book it.

Look, I regret all this too, we had been looking forward to the trip and were getting really anxious that we couldn't book the ferries, lacking travel and hotel schedule details.

I've already cancelled Irish ferries and the hotel in Wales. Booked a spring break in Portugal for the week instead, as we already had blocked it in our agendas. Will wave at you from the beach there.

Perhaps we can attend BritSToc18, unless you guys are so pissed off at us that we're not welcome anymore. :mrgreen:

Pieter, I am sure that you will be made most welcome and equally as sure that everyone can understand your frustration. As Luk said already, Peter has been all over the place with a very busy work schedule. I am sure that we have enough folk on here willing to lend a hand for future meetings. I know that in past years we have almost agreed the dates prior to the end of event. I for one would be willing to help out to help keep BritSToc alive and kicking and more importantly well attended. All the best to you and Karen - enjoy your break in the sun, Cammy.
cammy_moir
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Postby Nonkel Luc » 24 Apr 2017, 13:10

"As Luk said already"

Hi Kammy,

it's Luc

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
May the bike be with you
Greetz Luc
Nonkel Luc
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

PreviousNext

Return to BritSToc